On a rough quarterly basis, bioinfo-core members participate in discussions of topical interest. These occur either through a conference call or during BoF sessions at the annual ISMB conference.
Please find below minutes and/or slide presentations from the quarterly meetings.
- 13th_Discussion-5_November_2012: Embedded Bioinformaticians; Analyzing data from multiple sources
- ISMB 2012: Workshop on Bioinformatics Core Facilities: Challenges with Large Data and Managing Core Demand
- 11th_Discussion-7_November_2011: Core Facility Metrics; Dealing with Software Updates and Demands
- ISMB 2011: Workshop on Analysis Pipelines for High Throughput Sequencing: ISMB2011: Analysis Pipelines for High Throughput Sequencing
- ISMB 2011: Workshop on Practical Aspects of Running a Core Facility: ISMB2011: Practical Aspects of Running a Core Facility
- 10th_Discussion-20_January_2011: Publishing and Publications for the core; Cloud Computing
- 9th_Discussion-28_October_2010: Assessing Sequence Data Quality
- 8th Discussion-1 March 2010: Analysing Large Scale Image Data; Recruiting and retaining bioinformatics staff.
- ISMB 2010: Workshop on Managing large data sets in core facilities: Logistics of Managing large data sets
- ISMB 2010: Workshop on Analysis of Large Datasets: Analysis of Large Datasets
- 7th Discussion-5 October 2009: Analyzing Chip-Seq experiments; What to do with Desktop analysis software.
- ISMB 2009: Workshop on Setting priorities in cores facilities: Setting priorities for a core
- ISMB 2009: Workshop on Post Analysis of NGS Data: Post-analysis of short-reads
- 9 Feb 2009: BoF's at ISMB 08 Call for presentations; Handling ePHI, and Cloud/SaaS related ePHI.
- ISMB 2008: BoF on best practices in running bioinformatics cores: What makes bioinformatics cores succeed?
- ISMB 2008: BoF on next-gen sequencing: Practical Aspects of Running a Next-Gen Sequencing Core
- 8 May 2008: BoF's at ISMB 08 Call for presentations; Handling ePHI, and Cloud/SaaS related ePHI.
- 4 February 2008: Education for Biologists; Tools utilized by Biologists and Cores.
- 15 October 2007: Solexa Sequencing from ILMN's pipeline to Infrastructure requirements.