Welcome to the bioinfo-core's wiki!
- 5 October 2009 conference call discussion:
- 7th Discussion-5 October 2009: Analyzing Chip-Seq experiments; What to do with Desktop analysis software.
- Numerous new additions to the community portal
Bioinfo-core is a worldwide body of people that manage or staff bioinformatics cores within organizations of all types including academia, academic medical centers, medical schools, biotechs and pharmas. Through this wiki and our online discussion lists we discuss many topics that are challenging bioinformatics cores world wide. From IT, new instrumentation, staffing and training bioinformaticians, tools, software, to services for biologists and MD's.
We hold several events throughout the year including quarterly conference calls (with published Call Minutes) and a yearly set of informal presentations and dinners at the annual meeting, Intelligent Systems in Molecular Biology (ISMB), the official conference of ISCB
Please browse, add and participate in the wiki and the discussion lists. To edit the wiki, create a New Account and then edit the BioWiki:Community Portal to add a link for your core facility and its description.
- Call Minutes: Annual meetings at ISMB with presenations; Detailed minutes from quarterly conference calls on selected and pertinent topics.
- BioWiki:Community Portal: list your organization!
- Ongoing Discussions: discussion forums including lists of software, tools, etc.
- Special:Categories: find pages using categories such as Tools, Presentations, NextGenSequencing, Meetings etc.
Bioinfo-core Member Publications relevant to core facilities
- PLoS Computational Biology Journal--CORE facilities: editorial and perspectives
- The Need for Centralization of Computational Biology Resources Lewitter F, Rebhan M, Richter B, Sexton DP
- Managing and Analyzing Next-Generation Sequence Data Richter BG, Sexton DP
- Establishing a Successful Bioinformatics Core Facility Team Lewitter F, Rebhan M