Welcome to the bioinfo-core's wiki!
We thank ISCB for hosting and maintaining this wiki.
- ISMB 2017 Workshop
- ISMB 2016 Workshop
- 18th Discussion - ISMB2015 follow up
- Interesting NGS failures
- ISMB 2015 Workshop - The evolving relationship between core facilities and researchers
- 17th Discussion - Best practices for bioinformatics training
- 16th Discussion - ISMB2014 follow up: Infrastructure for new Cores
- ISMB 2014 Workshop Write Up
- 15th Discussion - The biologist is the analyst
- Proposal to make bioinfo-core an ISCB community of special interest
- ISMB 2014 Workshop Proposal
- 14th Discussion - Evaluating software
- ISMB 2013 Workshop
- 13th Discussion - Embedded bioinformaticians and Integrative analysis
- ISMB 2012 Workshop
- 12th Discussion - Managing Storage in a Core Facility
- 11th Discussion - Measuring the output of a Core and Tracking Software Versions
- ISMB 2012: Bioinfo Core Workshop - Long Beach CA - July 16, 2012 Workshop
- ISMB 2011: Workshop on Analysis Pipelines for High Throughput Sequencing
- ISMB 2011: Workshop on Practical Aspects of Running a Core Facility
- ISMB 2011 Workshop Call
- ISMB 2010 Workshop Call Minutes page
- Include #BICORE in your tweets for the Core community.
- Numerous new additions to the community portal
Bioinfo-core is a worldwide body of people that manage or staff bioinformatics facilities within organizations of all types including academia, academic medical centers, medical schools, biotechs and pharmas. Through this wiki and our online discussion lists we discuss many topics that are challenging bioinformatics cores world wide: from IT, new instrumentation, staffing and training bioinformaticians, tools, software, to services for biologists and MD's.
We hold several events throughout the year including quarterly conference calls (with published Call Minutes) and a yearly set of informal presentations and dinners at the annual meeting, Intelligent Systems in Molecular Biology (ISMB), the official conference of ISCB
Please browse, add and participate in the wiki and the discussion lists. To edit the wiki, create a New Account and then edit the Community Portal to add a link for your core facility and its description.
- Call Minutes: Annual meetings at ISMB with presenations; Detailed minutes from quarterly conference calls on selected and pertinent topics.
- Community Portal: list your organization!
- Ongoing Discussions: discussion forums including lists of software, tools, etc.
- Special:Categories: find pages using categories such as Tools, Presentations, NextGenSequencing, Meetings etc.
Bioinfo-core Member Publications relevant to core facilities
- PLoS Computational Biology Journal--CORE facilities: editorial and perspectives
- The Need for Centralization of Computational Biology Resources Lewitter F, Rebhan M, Richter B, Sexton DP
- Managing and Analyzing Next-Generation Sequence Data Richter BG, Sexton DP
- Establishing a Successful Bioinformatics Core Facility Team Lewitter F, Rebhan M